Friday, May 1, 2009

How to Measure Frames

To CityConnection,

I just read your post about how to read the frames, but I can't really understand how to read the sizes. Am I supposed to just eyeball the dimensions by looking at the pictures of the frames? I want to know that they are rectangular as opposed to square-ish. How can I ask for more measurements?

Jon C.

I know what you mean. Let me explain the dimensions that we usually measure in the industry.

A= Horizontal length of lens
B=Vertical length of lens
ED (Effective diameter)= The longest radius from the center of the lens to the furthest point of the lens, and then multiplied by 2.
DBL= Bridge width

There are sometimes slight variations depending on whether or not you you include the inside of the frame to the measurement. But in general this is how we (and now, you) measure eyeglass frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment