Friday, April 24, 2009

How to Find the Perfect Size

Dear City Connection,

I just saw a pair of sunglasses online and I think we were meant to be, it was screaming my name. The only problem is that I don't know if they will fit well. Are there any ways of making sure they will fit well and the size will be right? The last thing I want is to spend money and find out that I look like a doofus. Please help me.

Please help me,
Almost-every-online-buyer


So you saw a pair of sunglasses online and you absolutely love them. Only problem, you don't know if they will fit.

The best thing to do if you are buying online and haven't tried them on...

Get a good fitting pair of sunglasses or glasses. See how the size works for you, then look at the measurements on the frame. It will say a number then a box then a number Or a dash in between (52 'box' 15 OR 52-15). The first number is the size of the lens (horizontally) and the second number is the size of the bridge (connection between the lenses that go over your nose). Try to find something similar to what you have now.


It is a 75% fool-proof way to buy online. Why 75% and not 100%, you ask? Well, there are variables like wrap of the frame, thickness of frame or bridge, length of temple, fitting of bridge, bridge skew and so on. But take them in to a reputable store, tell them you bought them online and ask if they can fit it to your face (adjustment). Thank him/her for her expertise, throw the guy/gal $5-10, he/she will be as happy as you.

No comments:

Post a Comment